Forum Discussion

mabdrasol
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 12, 2019

add LTM in ha pair to GTM

how can we add pair of LTM in active/standby mode to GTM as server

I have tried both options as below

option 1: add one server with self IP 1 and self IP2 of two boxes (1 server with two self IPs). Result is resolving happens successfully at both nodes when do failover but unfortunately the configuration not synced between two GTMs.

option 2: add node one as a server and node two as a different server (Server 1 for primary LTM and server 2 for standby LTM). Result is now configuration synced but when do failover form the primary node to the secondary no resolving happens.

do we have any recomendations

2 Replies

• I assume that you are wanting the LTMs to do monitoring on behalf of the GTM ...

Without regards to the fact that they are combined into an Active/Standby HA Pair ... can you define the two separately, each one with its own non-floating self-IP ... then define the two of them as a Prober Pool -- choosing to load balance between the two LTMs via the Global Availability load balancing method.

I would think that this would allow the one that is active to always be counted on to respond correctly to monitor probing ...

Please report back as to whether this works ... or if you found a way that does ...

• Hello,

I have added both nodes as a seperate server with self its ip and then add VS to both nodes then create pool with VS members from both servers.

it is working fine now.

DNS reply is done based on active node in HA pair.