Forum Discussion

MVA_60288
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Jan 28, 2015

ASM out of memory XML/JSON processing

Hi, anyone else run into this error while continuing to up the XML memory allocation? We've gone to 500mb to 700mb (SOL10803) and still having this error re-occur. I have a case open with F5, but curious if anyone has run into this and what your (hopefully) final solution was.

Full error "ASM out of memory error: event code X239 Exceeded maximum memory assigned for XML/JSON processing"

16 Replies

• The PID will change after a restart of the process - i.e. with restart of the the device.

If you want to use a managemant tool with snmp, you have to poll 2 values

1. the names with a walk through 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.4.2.1.2 and look for 'bd'

2. the memory 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.5.1.1.2.x - x is the result of 1

• Stupid question, but I am assuming that if you run into this problem, there may be tcp streams that do not get processed by ASM and are just sent thru without being inspected?

MVA
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

When this issue occurs traffic is blocked for that virtual server, I believe error is something like not enough memory to process XML request. It fails close.

• Does anyone have a "final" solution for this. I have the exact same case, we up from 500 to 700 but still having issues with the out of memory logs still appearing.

The trial and error of updating the Total XML Memory according to the "excedeed memory allocated" is not a good option, because it seems the more memory you configure the more memory XML resources will consume.

At least the logs of exceeded memory allocated in bd.log should give us the correct value and not only 20, 30 or 40 Mb more than we have configured, and even if you configure more 200MB it still is giving the same messages.