Forum Discussion

liamterry
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 19, 2019

AVR Metric Definitions

I can not find a complete list of all the AVR Metric definitions and was hoping someone could point me in the correct direction. For example AVG Server Latency is defined by I could not find any references to what AVG Client Network Latency or AVG Server Network Latency is?

What are causes for a N/A value for a given metric? I could see AVG being N/A if the sample pool is 1 transaction but for example I have a lot of URLs that show N/A for AVG Page Load Time or AVG Client TTFB.

Thank you

2 Replies

• Hi liamterry,

I've been doing some digging on this and I think I may have an answer for you. The documentation is not very clear but I think the "Avg Server Latency" applies specifically to HTTP traffic whereas "Avg Server Network Latency" applies to non-HTTP traffic. I am basing this off of the following release notes.

https://techdocs.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/releasenotes/product/relnote-bigip-ve-13-1-1.html

On that page you will see two sections titled "AVR :: Merged metrics to HTTP statistics tables" and "AVR :: New and updated metrics". As you will see, the HTTP section lists the Avg Server Latency while the New Metrics section lists the "Network" Server Latency.

Regarding the N/A values for page load times and client TTFB, are you seeing those values for a virtual server that doesn't serve HTTP traffic by chance?

• Thank your Nathan for your response! That link is very useful.

For the N/A values, the virtual server is serving out HTTPS traffic with the F5s doing the SSL offloading, I have not tested it with just HTTP traffic yet but I will setup a new virtual server and test.