Forum Discussion

mthornton42_217
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 01, 2015
Solved

Blade Migration Script Location

I'm guessing that the chassisConfigUpgrade.pm script will come on the new blades, I just want to confirm. If it doesn't, where is it available for download? I looked through the downloads section and was unable to find it.

• We just got done doing this. Yes, the script comes loaded on the blades. Just as a helping note, make sure you have all the image ISOs on your host and vCMP guests if using vCMP for the installed volumes you have. If not, it will just sit there waiting for the ISOs to be available.

13 Replies

• Hi Brad,

We are planning to migrate from 1 blade of B4300 to 1 blade of B4450. Is this the same procedure that we should follow as mentioned above or is there any different procedure to do this migration. Can i install B4450 to the viprion Chassis while B4300 as primary and do the chassisConfigUpgrade.pm script transfer to the new blade?

• We just got done doing this. Yes, the script comes loaded on the blades. Just as a helping note, make sure you have all the image ISOs on your host and vCMP guests if using vCMP for the installed volumes you have. If not, it will just sit there waiting for the ISOs to be available.

Manikanta_26608

Hi Brad,

We are planning to migrate from 1 blade of B4300 to 1 blade of B4450. Is this the same procedure that we should follow as mentioned above or is there any different procedure to do this migration. Can i install B4450 to the viprion Chassis while B4300 as primary and do the chassisConfigUpgrade.pm script transfer to the new blade?

Fred_131134

Brad, quick question for you: Have you had to bring the firmware on the new blade to the same version as the active one before you executed the script (chassisConfigUpgrade.pm)? I ran into issues while replacing the blade and I didn't know I had to have all ISO/HotFix available on the hypervisor (even for the boot-location that are not in use). I opened a support case with F5, and we tried upgrading the new blade via the CLI and all and eventually ran out of time on the maintenance window.

For the record, we are replacing a single blade system using a 2150 (slot 1) by a 2250 (slot 2).

Manikanta_26608

Hi Brad,

Fred_131134

Brad, quick question for you: Have you had to bring the firmware on the new blade to the same version as the active one before you executed the script (chassisConfigUpgrade.pm)? I ran into issues while replacing the blade and I didn't know I had to have all ISO/HotFix available on the hypervisor (even for the boot-location that are not in use). I opened a support case with F5, and we tried upgrading the new blade via the CLI and all and eventually ran out of time on the maintenance window.

For the record, we are replacing a single blade system using a 2150 (slot 1) by a 2250 (slot 2).