Forum Discussion

chadkfranks_165
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Aug 08, 2014

Citrix Xenapp 6.5 Server with CSG - HTTP 400 Bad Request error

I have 1 Xenapp 6.5 server: On this server I have Web Interface, Secure Gateway and its my STA server as well. I have IIS set to SSL port 444 and my CSG is set to 443. I can telnet to my host https://cloud.rainiertitle.com on port 1494 and 2598 - I have disabled session reliability for this troubleshooting. My STA is generating no errors. IIS is giving no errors. This is driving me crazy. I can access everything internally, but I get the HTTP 400 Bad Request when I try to access my site externally. My DNS is working correctly. Everything resolves fine. I ran Fiddler to try to trace my https traffic and I received this error:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad request Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 15:35:44 GMT Server: Citrix Web PN Server Content-Length: 0 Connection: close Content-Type: text/plain

Any ideas?

5 Replies

Greg_Crosby_319
    Historic F5 Account

Hi Chad, Can you elaborate on how BIG-IP is configured in your Citrix environment?

Greg_Crosby_319
    Historic F5 Account

The BIG-IP can easily be used to replace CSG function, however, here is a pretty good whitepaper on CSG setup

400 (bad request) errors can be caused by XML server requests failing, I would double check to make sure you are using the correct ports for your xenapp (xml broker) connection.

Might be that you need to add a host entry to the URL being used to access your external site (page 40 of white paper), where your host entry would have the url pointing to the localhost.

The other advise I can offer is to run a tcpdump on your server to watch connection attempts to see where the failure occurs.

If all else fails, you could open a ticket up with Citrix support.

• The xml service is working correctly on port 8080 - I have added an entry to the host file already pointing to url --> localhost. I will try the tcpdump and let you know.

Andrew_Husking
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      If there is no F5 in the Citrix environment I'm not sure what you hope to achieve posting on the F5 forums, have you tried the Citrix forums?