Forum Discussion

Nov 16, 2023
Solved

Copy over self IPs from several partitions

Hello, I'm preparing the migration of an active/standby cluster of 2 LTM devices to new virtual devices. Per F5 support case I cannot use an UCS migration due to different trunk settings on both si...
    Nov 16, 2023

I wonder if this is as simple as not setting a default route domain for your other partitions? Try to set that before the import, rather than modifying the IPs to put the route domain in with the %xxx syntax. You have to first define the route domain object (net route-domain), then set the partition to it.

admin@(west)(cfg-sync Standalone)(ModuleNotLicensed::Active)(/Common)(tmos)# create net route-domain rd_foo id 1234 vlans replace-all-with { con1 }
    admin@(west)(cfg-sync Standalone)(ModuleNotLicensed::Active)(/Common)(tmos)# list auth partition foo all-properties
    auth partition foo {
    default-route-domain 0
    description none
    }
    admin@(west)(cfg-sync Standalone)(ModuleNotLicensed::Active)(/Common)(tmos)# modify auth partition foo default-route-domain 1234
    admin@(west)(cfg-sync Standalone)(ModuleNotLicensed::Active)(/Common)(tmos)# list auth partition foo all-properties
    auth partition foo {
    default-route-domain 1234
    description none
    }