Forum Discussion

Joe_5599_134300
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 09, 2014

Exchange iApp OWA irule Modification for Enterprise Vault

I just wanted to have someone verfiy if this is the best approach for modifying the default Exchange iApp created irule to also allow Enterprise Vault. I have added the enterprise vault section.

exchange-mail_owa_redirect_irule3

when HTTP_REQUEST { if { [string tolower [http_uri]] equals "/enterprisevault" } then { pool exchange_enterprisevault } else {

if { ([HTTP::uri] == "/") } then {
    HTTP::redirect https://[HTTP::host]/owa/ 
}

} }

15 Replies

mikeshimkus_111
    Historic F5 Account
    Really not sure why you're not seeing traffic to that pool. If you can post sanitized configurations of your virtual server and pool, I'll take a closer look. From tmsh, run "list ltm virtual " and "list ltm pool exchange-mail_enterprisevault" and post the output.
  • I have tried the below irule and for some reason the irule is not directing traffic to the pool specified in the irule. I see traffic going to the default CAS server pool when doing capture thus getting 404 error. when HTTP_REQUEST { route to pool based on URI value switch -glob [string tolower [HTTP::uri]] { "/enterprisevault*" { log local0. "enterprisevault irule found" pool mail_enterprisevault } } }
  • I discovered that my custom irule for Enterprise Vault was not being used do to the iapp default irules and priorities, logic. So I was able to add a higher priority to my custom irule (when HTTP_REQUEST priority 600) and move to the top of irules on the iApp created exchange VS and it starting working. I have since enabled in the iApp template (Do you want to customize the server pool settings?) to yes and was able to select my EnterpriseVault irule. Any irule added through iApp template will be placed at the bottom of VS irules but should now work as expected.

zafer
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

do not forget SSL server disable if your backend talks encrypted

• I had similar problem, what helped me is adding EV rule in existing Exchange iapp iRule combined_persist_irule7, just before default line:

"/enterprisevault*" {
        pool /Common/EV_POOL
        return
    }

default {
         This final section takes all traffic that has not otherwise
         been accounted for and sends it to the pool for Outlook Web App
        if { ...