cathy_123
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Jun 16, 2023
Solved

exclude an fqdn from resolving in f5apm

hello guys,

we have F5 APM problem on DNS. scenario is

1. all traffic is routed to F5 APM

2. there is an fqdn let's say abc.example.com that has private and public IP. 

3. If you  use private dns it will give you private IP. IF you use public  DNS you will have public IP.

the problem is we wanted to use public IP but F5 is resolving the fqdn via private dns, thus giving us private IP. Our goal is we need to resolve the abc.example.com  using public IP.

I saw this https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K92105136 but the problem is this is only working on Windows.. is there a way we can do same on MAC and Linux?

thank you!

• cathy_123 I'm unaware of a way for the APM to enforce this for a Mac or Linux user. This might be something that you have to push as a policy to those devices similar to a GPO in Windows.

2 Replies

• cathy_123 I'm unaware of a way for the APM to enforce this for a Mac or Linux user. This might be something that you have to push as a policy to those devices similar to a GPO in Windows.

• cathy_123 - If your post was solved it would be helpful to the community to select *Accept As Solution*.
    This helps future readers find answers more quickly and confirms the efforts of those who helped.
    Thanks for being part of our community.
    Lief