Forum Discussion

Karthik_Krishn1
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
May 04, 2016
Solved

External Logon Page hosted on the F5

Hello,

I have an APM policy that needs to present a logon page for 2nd factor. I am using external Logon page to present this page. The page is currently hosted on an IIS server . Is it possible to host the page on the F5 itself and use that as the external logon page ? I want to avoid using iRules

thanks,

karthik

• Hello,

You should use public folder within hosted content and manually rewrite links to static resources to make it works. If using hosted content doesnt works, you have no other choice but to use irules combined with ifiles

14 Replies

• Hello,

You can host your html, css, img and js files using the "Hosted Content" feature on APM. This configuration can work if you do not plan to use backend side code like dotnet, php, ruby, ...

JoshBecigneul
      Icon for MVP rankMVP
      Using hosted content to display the logon page never successfully works for me. I've just tried it again under 12.0 and loading the external logon page from the hosted content feature just results in a endless loop of redirects.
      JoshBecigneul
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

Looking at this more carefully, it appears that the Hosted Content feature only supports the GET method, and not the POST method which is used by the External Logon Page agent.

• Hello,

You can host your html, css, img and js files using the "Hosted Content" feature on APM. This configuration can work if you do not plan to use backend side code like dotnet, php, ruby, ...

JoshBecigneul
      Icon for MVP rankMVP
      Using hosted content to display the logon page never successfully works for me. I've just tried it again under 12.0 and loading the external logon page from the hosted content feature just results in a endless loop of redirects.
      JoshBecigneul
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

Looking at this more carefully, it appears that the Hosted Content feature only supports the GET method, and not the POST method which is used by the External Logon Page agent.

• Hello,

You should use public folder within hosted content and manually rewrite links to static resources to make it works. If using hosted content doesnt works, you have no other choice but to use irules combined with ifiles

Karthik_Krishn1
      Thanks. I think i will just go with a external web server. This is the easiest solution for us at the moment considering the time crunch we are in.
  • Hello,

Karthik_Krishn1
      Thanks. I think i will just go with a external web server. This is the easiest solution for us at the moment considering the time crunch we are in.