Forum Discussion

Jason_19901
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 08, 2013

F5 APM with RSA Adaptive Auth

I am trying to figure out if F5 APM can be integrated with RSA Adaptive Auth. What is required? How difficult is it? I understand that RSA professional services need to get involved, is that true? does the client purchase hardware?

Any help would be awesome!

19 Replies

• Thanks for the help. From what I am gathering is that when I create a new auth agent in RSA AA i can download the script to the f5.

I will work with my RSA admin and see if we can get it. I wonder why f5 doesnt have procedures like they have for RSA tokens. If you have any other documentation that would help and you dont mind sharing please let me know.

• Sure, I think F5 doesn't because it's on an EMC/RSA website. I've only gotten this page to display correctly in IE. RSA SecurID Implementation Guide is what you'll want. The risk based section is down in the middle.

https://gallery.emc.com/docs/DOC-2393?viewTab=collateral&version=9

• Yes I have seen this but I assumed it was just for RSA tokens not AA, do you use it for AA as well?

• Yes, there is a section on where to place the script in the F5 login page so it redirects to the RSA web tier.

• I noticed that this is an old question but you guys a mixing up some of the RSA products. The original question was about RSA Adaptive Authentication which is a second factor product that will challenge the user with a security question, pin via email or SMS or a phone call to confirm the user's identity. For this product you will need to use SCE's integration kit in order to integrate it with RSA AA. The other product is the RSA Authentication Manager (used to be called securID) and this is for the user to be able to use tokens as a 2nd factor. For this product F5 APM has a built in functionality that allows you to configure this integration. Hope it helps clarify the mix up.