Forum Discussion

RAQS
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Aug 27, 2021

F5 Backup

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing fine.

Can you please help me with below requirement :-

I have to take backup of F5, these F5 boxes are having multiple partition, so if i will take backup in Common partition will it take backup of all partitions ?

If not then please let me know how to take backup of whole system in one go when we have multiple partition.

Regards,

RAQS

• Hi RAQS,

Open it with 7-zip, or a compatible application, I guess. I use 7-zip and it works perfectly.

Mike

6 Replies

• Hi RAQS,

Open it with 7-zip, or a compatible application, I guess. I use 7-zip and it works perfectly.

Mike

• Hi RAQS,

Yes, a UCS backup includes almost everything, partitions as well. See https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K13132 for details.

Mike

RAQS
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      Hi Mike, Thanks for your help. So need to go to each partition and take backup instead of that i can take backup in common partition and it will include information of all partitions ? Regards, RAQS
      • No, no need. If in doubt, download the file and open it on your computer, although the extension is ucs, it's actually a tar.gz. You'll see it includes everything inside /config, including non-default partition folders and files.

Mike