Forum Discussion

Apr 24, 2024

F5 Rseries HA

Dears,

I know that there is no HA between rseries appliance, and the HA will be configured between tenants on each appliance, 

my question her about when i prepare to configure HA between Tenant so before making this i will configure the network setting and VLAN on F5OS so I will need a dedicated interface and HA VLAN between two tenants on each appliance so what is the next step after I configured the network setting on Appliance (F5OS),

and what i need to confirm on the network setting that i will configure on each appliance (F5OS) to make HA between the two tenants 

2 Replies

• thanks for your reply,

so I will just make the network configuration on the F5OS and after creating the tenant every thing will configured normally as we configured before on F5 Normal LTM,

but I have one question, in F5 Rseries 2600 we should configure trusted tenants to configure MAC masquerade  is that manadatory for configuring HA between tenants hosted on the F5 2600 rseries 

• Hi Amr_Ali,

HA is supported only between identically configured BIG-IP tenants at the tenant level between identical rSeries platforms. The tenants must have identical resources to ensure seamless HA failover. To implement HA between the tenants, you set up device service clustering (DSC) on the BIG-IP tenants.

When configuring BIG-IP HA failover on rSeries platforms, consider the following:

HA including serial (hardwired) failover is not supported within or between rSeries platforms at the appliance or F5OS level.

HA is supported only between identically configured BIG-IP tenants at the tenant level between identical rSeries platforms. The tenants must have identical resources to ensure seamless HA failover.

To implement HA between the tenants, you set up device service clustering (DSC) on the BIG-IP tenants. For more information, refer to the following:

Tenant high availability (HA) overview section in the Tenant Management chapter of the F5 rSeries Systems: Administration and Configuration manual.

https://clouddocs.f5.com/training/community/rseries-training/html/rseries_high_availability.html

After that you can configure HA between Tenants as you do in Normal F5 LTM or other boxes in TMOS

https://clouddocs.f5.com/training/community/adc/html/class1/module1/lab4.html

Please let me know if you still have more queries, i will be glad to assist you.

HTH

🙏