Forum Discussion

DOTNWADM_174472
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Sep 23, 2018
Solved

F5 with Siebel IP18

We are Deploying a Siebel IP18 setup. While we are accessing the URL using the page gives an error: "The server you are trying to access is either busy or experiencing difficulties. Please close the Web browser, open a new browser window, and try logging in again"

But when we try to access , the page works.

Any clue will be helpful.

• So I finally had a crack down on the issue. Basically the issue was categorically happening as the page containing the error of server busy was possibly getting rendered from the F5 Cache. I have removed the web acceleration and caching profile and the things are working fine now.

Tip of the game: always check on the timestamp which is at the end of the error message which goes as follows:

The server you are trying to access is either busy or experiencing difficulties. Please close the Web browser, open a new browser window, and try logging in again [07:55:22]

2 Replies

• "The server you are trying to access is either busy or experiencing difficulties. Please close the Web browser, open a new browser window, and try logging in again"

That message is coming from the Siebel server itself

Is the Siebel application server configured with the correct hostname ?

If this is not set in the application configuration, it may work with an IP address or only with the hostname of the target pool member.

• So I finally had a crack down on the issue. Basically the issue was categorically happening as the page containing the error of server busy was possibly getting rendered from the F5 Cache. I have removed the web acceleration and caching profile and the things are working fine now.

Tip of the game: always check on the timestamp which is at the end of the error message which goes as follows:

The server you are trying to access is either busy or experiencing difficulties. Please close the Web browser, open a new browser window, and try logging in again [07:55:22]