Forum Discussion

jleach_241920
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Aug 24, 2016

failed (RPM transaction failure.) installing 12.1.0 HF1

Hey DevCentral,

I'm working on upgrading from 12.0.0 to 12.1.0 HF1. Part one, installing the base OS 12.1.0 goes fine, but when I go to install HF1, it continuously gets an RPM Transaction Failure. I have retried this four times now, rebooting the device after each and reuploading the ISO. I'm not quite sure what it means, and I can't find much information about it online.

Any help as to learning what happened and how to overcome it would be appreciated. Thank you!

5 Replies

• Did you verify the md5sum of the HF1 image you downloaded? Altenatively, 12.1.1 was released yesterday and rolled up the HF1 fixes.

jleach_241920

I reverified the MD5 and it checked out okay. In the meantime, I'll review 12.1.1. In my specific environment we have to justify the upgrade.

Thank you!

• Did you verify the md5sum of the HF1 image you downloaded? Altenatively, 12.1.1 was released yesterday and rolled up the HF1 fixes.

jleach_241920

I reverified the MD5 and it checked out okay. In the meantime, I'll review 12.1.1. In my specific environment we have to justify the upgrade.

Thank you!

• have you checked the md5 value to determine if your download was ok?

if it is i would open a support case in parallel for sure, please do report back if they come with a solution.