Forum Discussion

Jens_Deprez_133
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 06, 2019
Solved

Filtering unused External SP Connectors

Hi,

Trough the years developers asked to on-board various SP connectors. However they never tell something if a certain connector isn't used anymore. Is there a quick or easy way to filter what connectors don't get used?

Thanks!

• Hello Jens,

The first go-to would be to check if the external SP connector is still bound to a local IdP. Since you're doing the authentication locally, if the SP isn't getting a token from your IdP then it's probably not being used.

You could check to see which IdP's are in use from the Access Profiles page, under SSO/ Auth Domains. Unfortunately I think you'd need to check each access profile individually to see which IdP is in use, as you can't check this from the federation page.

Beyond that I can't really think of any way to check if external SP connectors are still being used other than just looking at the traffic they're getting.

Best of luck,

Austin

2 Replies

• Hello Jens,

The first go-to would be to check if the external SP connector is still bound to a local IdP. Since you're doing the authentication locally, if the SP isn't getting a token from your IdP then it's probably not being used.

You could check to see which IdP's are in use from the Access Profiles page, under SSO/ Auth Domains. Unfortunately I think you'd need to check each access profile individually to see which IdP is in use, as you can't check this from the federation page.

Beyond that I can't really think of any way to check if external SP connectors are still being used other than just looking at the traffic they're getting.

Best of luck,

Austin

Jens_Deprez
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

I see, so it's just like I feared. There was this small shard of hope that I was overlooking this magical feature, but alas. Thanks for info Austin!