Forum Discussion

ElvisS
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 12, 2009

GTM - Cisco Webvpn

Has anyone put 2 Cisco VPN concentrators behind GTM's for load balancing/fault tolerance? If so, any tips on getting the health monitor to work? New to health monitoring and the probe is failing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14 Replies

• Posted By Swack on 02/02/2011 10:29 AM

I'm trying to do this now as well. Is it possible to have GTM load-balance between Cisco ASA WebVPN appliances (AnyConnect VPN) by monitoring the CPU usage and/or number of existing connections on a given ASA? I was reading in the GTM manual about SNMP monitor but I'm new to this realm and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Patrick

I'm pretty sure this is possible but am trying to find documentation. You're essentially trying to do dynamic load balancing which LTM can definitely do with SNMP.
  • Chris/Swack,

Did you ever happen to find any additional documentation? I'm wanting to do the same exact thing as Swack - load balance between two ASA's at two different datacenters with GTM while using SNMP to poll existing connections, etc.

Thanks,

Josh
  • Chris/Swack,

Did you ever happen to find any additional documentation? I'm wanting to do the same exact thing as Swack - load balance between two ASA's at two different datacenters with GTM while using SNMP to poll existing connections, etc.

Thanks,

Josh
  • Hi Josh, Chris and Swack,

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing: dynamic load balance between ASAs, using SNMP to collect current connections. Did you find any documentation about that?

Thank you,

Marcio