Forum Discussion

Jim_Araujo_1061
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 11, 2015
Solved

GTM Generic Host, Mutliple Data Centers with Transparency

Hello All, I have a scenrio that I cannot get to work because of the GTM forcing a Generic host address to be part of only one Data Center. I have a single Server (ServerA) that is on a our OTV VLAN between both DC1 and DC2. We using GTM transparency to return external NATs to the outside for this Server (1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2). The issue I am having is if the egress Link monitor is down in DC1 I want the GTM to return the DC2 transparent addr (2.2.2.2). However because I can't make two Generic Host objects with the same IP, the GTM will start round robining as a best effort, which will fail.

For example:

ServerA = 10.10.10.5

TransparentAddrA = 1.1.1.1

TransparentAddrB = 2.2.2.2

A = DC1, B = DC2

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

• I would look at creating a second generic server object in the other datacenter and moving one of the virtual servers to the second generic server. GTM doesn't care about the parent generic server object.

1 Reply

• I would look at creating a second generic server object in the other datacenter and moving one of the virtual servers to the second generic server. GTM doesn't care about the parent generic server object.