Forum Discussion

dakshgoel_33532
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 03, 2017

How to connect BGP to F5?

I have to connect the BGP to F5 LTM , I am not able to find any specific configuration using which I can connect the two , does anybody know any possible solution to the issue?

8 Replies

• For that you need the Advanced Routing module, which is a separate license you need to purchase. The routing module is based on ZebOS and is configured from it's own CLI shell, but it has some tie-ins with settings in the GUI.

dakshgoel_33532

is it possible for you to share some more details about the solution you provided , some link or document?

Henrik_Gyllkra1

As regards to buying the Advanced Routing license you'll need to contact your sales representative. The specific shell that you use is called "integrated management interface shell" so just start it by typing imish. Once inside the shell you configure it with a fairly generic syntax, if you're familiar with other routers with Cisco-ish syntax you'll do just fine, 'router bgp ' and so on.

There's actually a whole bunch of manuals for ZebOS on AskF5, but here's the one for BGP specifically:

https://support.f5.com/content/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/manuals/related/arm-bgp-command-reference-7-10-6/_jcr_content/pdfAttach/download/file.res/arm-bgp-command-reference-7-10-6.pdf

dakshgoel_33532

Hi Henrik, My current license shows active modules and optional modules, under the optional modules, i have a module named routing bundle. may you confirm if it is the ADVANCED ROUTING you have mentioned in your previous comment, and how can i make this optional module as active module.

Production

Licensed Date Jul 7, 2017

Active Modules LTM, Base, 1600(Perpetual) (KBWOBQA-AVLLDUL) Application Acceleration Manager, Core

LTM, Base

Anti-Virus Checks

Base Endpoint Security Checks

Firewall Checks

Network Access

Secure Virtual Keyboard

APM, Web Application

Machine Certificate Checks

Protected Workspace

Remote Desktop

App Tunnel

50 MBPS COMPRESSION

IPV6 Gateway

Ram Cache

Rate Shaping

Optional Modules AFM, 1600 APM, Base CCU, 1600 APM, Max CCU, 1600 App Mode (TMSH Only, No Root/Bash) ASM, 1600 Bundle ASM, PSM to ASM Upgrade BIG-IP, DNS (Max) Client Authentication Compression, Max MBPS, 1600 DNS Services External Interface and Network HSM Global Traffic Manager Module IPI Subscription, 1Yr, 1600 IPI Subscription, 3Yr, 1600 Link Controller LTM, GTM, AFM, ASM, APM, WAM, WOM (1600 MSM PSM Routing Bundle SDN Services SSL, Forward Proxy SSL, Max TPS WBA WBA, Bundle, 1600 WOM WOM, Bundle, 1600