Forum Discussion

3 Replies

THi
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Have a look on manual: BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager: Implementations: Configuring a One-IP Network Topology. The link is for sw version 11.6.0. For other sw versions search the corresponding manual.

If you are looking for one armed config where clients and servers are in the same subnet as well as the BIG-IP, you need to use SNAT to force return packets to be routed back via the BIG-IP.

Using SNAT is also pretty common for example when BIG-IP is deployed into an existing topology and one does not want to make topology/routing changes, especially for testing, PoC situations, server default gw pointing somewhere else than the BIG-IP, etc. In most cases one can simply use SNAT Automap.

• Hi THi,

Thanks for the response

in one arm mode we have to create only one vlan. when i have initialized our new F5 ltm, i was configuring basics. after configuring management IP and passwords, next it was asking me to configure internal vlan and external vlan.

even in one arm mode do i have to c configure internal vlan and external vlans

THi
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
      Assume you have already gone through the initial setup and have created two vlans. You can change the vlan setup later to one vlan from the Network settings. Would be best to use the GUI in advanced display mode to get more options (go to System-->Preferences: System Settings: select Advanced instead of default Basic, if not yet done.