Forum Discussion

Suricate
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Aug 17, 2023
Solved

How to know which kind of logs belongs to each level of information logged for LTM events

Hello,

I manage a F5 LTM cluster in production, and I noticed that I have no detailed logs, after searching on this link https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K5532 I have found all level of logs for each protocol HTTP, IP, SSL...

My question is, as I don't have a lab to make a test, how to know what kind of logs belongs to each level of information logged for LTM events before impleting it, please?

For example, in HTTP and HTTP Compression it's configured in "Error" in my BigIP, and I am afraid if I configure "Informational" level on HTTP, if I will have too much logs wich can may be impact the BigIP. That's why I want to know if there is a documentation that shows which kind log logs is displayed for each level on logging, please. This will help me to choose the good level of logging whichi corresponds to the kind of logs I am looking for.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

• Suricate I am not aware of that either, but it would be a nice enhancement to the Log Messages Reference Guide to include which db key and at which log level each of the messages is included.

4 Replies

• Suricate I'm not aware of a document that correlates logging ID to a specific logging level. It is possible that one exists but I do not know of one.