Forum Discussion

Alain_Estrellas
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 18, 2015

HTTPS service port 8443

I'm running an Openstack Swift-Proxy-Server and I've got a request to do SSL offloading in BigIP LTM.

From the application, the endpoint is SSL should terminate on BigIP LTM and the endpoint from BigIP LTM to Swift-Proxy-Server will be http://proxy.sample.com:8080.

I can successfully list my containers and authenticate from Swift-Proxy and Authentication servers but when I browse URL cannot be found.

I tried to change service port to 443 | HTTPS but got this ConnectionError: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Is there a way that I could use service port 8443 and protocol HTTPS?

Here is my VS config:

Destination Address: 10.0.0.128 Service Port: 8443 | Others Protocol: TCP SSL Profile (Client): ssl_certificate SNAT POOL: Automap Address Translation: Enabled Port Translation: Enabled Source Port: Preserve Others is set to default

Here is my Monitor config:

Name: Monitor_8080 Type: TCP Alias Address: All Address Alias Service Port: 8080 Others is set to default

Here is my POOL config:

Health Monitors: Monitor_8080 Members: 10.0.0.129:8080 and 10.0.0.130:8080 Others is set to default

2 Replies

• Hi,

the service HTTP or other near the port value is a list of known services with associated port (like file /etc/services). it will no change behavior of the VS but only allow you to configure port without keyboard..

the VS behavior is managed by profiles: HTTPS is HTTP over SSL. you need to configure following profiles:

• HTTP
    • Client SSL

did you use firebug or fiddler tool to check what is wrong... most of issues are caused by a HTTP redirect from the server to the real port and protocol...

• Hello Mate,

It looks like you have problem with your profiles. Creare a client SSL profile with valid certficate and apply it to the VS.

-Jinshu