Forum Discussion

Wasfi_Bounni
Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
Sep 25, 2023
Solved

In an active/standby setup of ASM, with sync only device group, do signature updates sync up?

Hi;

In an active/standby setup of ASM or AWAF, let's say we added the sync-only device group to synchronise any automatic policy changes. Would updating the attack signatures on the active device propagate that to the stand-by one or do I need to do the signature update on the stand-by device separately?

Kindly

Wasfi

• Hi Wasfi_Bounni 

Configuring signature updates between two devices is independent, so I believe updating should be done manually on the standby device.

• When you set up ASM™ synchronization, in addition to security policies, other settings such as custom attack signatures, logging profiles, SMTP configuration, anti-virus protection, system variables, and policy templates, are synchronized with all devices in the ASM-enabled device group.

If Attack Signatures Update Mode is scheduled for automatic update, the attack signature update settings are synchronized(not signatures). Each device in the device group updates itself independently according to the configured schedule. If you manually upload attack signatures or click Upload Signatures to update from the server, the update is propagated to all of the devices in the device group.

6 Replies

• Hi Wasfi_Bounni 

Configuring signature updates between two devices is independent, so I believe updating should be done manually on the standby device.

• When you set up ASM™ synchronization, in addition to security policies, other settings such as custom attack signatures, logging profiles, SMTP configuration, anti-virus protection, system variables, and policy templates, are synchronized with all devices in the ASM-enabled device group.

If Attack Signatures Update Mode is scheduled for automatic update, the attack signature update settings are synchronized(not signatures). Each device in the device group updates itself independently according to the configured schedule. If you manually upload attack signatures or click Upload Signatures to update from the server, the update is propagated to all of the devices in the device group.

• Hi 

You have to update attack signature independent on activa and standby device, I hope this step below will help you,

1. Upgrade version standby device (Unit2) and check attack signature up-to date or not? if not please update attack signature on standby device

2. Force standby device (Unit2) to active, then test service and monitor system

3. Upgrade version standby device (Unit1) and check attack signature up-to date or not? if not please update attack signature on standby device

4. Force standby device (Unit1) to active, then test service and monitor system