Forum Discussion

Joe_45299
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 21, 2010

LTM OEM Plugin Issues

I'm having a minor issue with the LTM plugin for Oracle Enterprise Manager. The plugin is installed and working for the most part but on the "BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager Interfaces" report, there are some errors in the "Physical Interface Mapping" section. They look something like this:

Interface Name | Tag Type | Trunk Name | VLAN List

1.1 null [Ljava.lang.String;@63956391 13088739464

This error is repeated (although with seemingly random numbers for the VLAN List) on all of our connected interfaces. A little background: our current setup has eight interfaces connected in two four port LACP trunks and our LTM's are running 10.1.

Has anyone else run into this before? Like I said, it's minor but we're getting ready to do a demo for a client highlighting OEM's ability to monitor other devices and I'd like everything to be as polished as possible.

Thanks.

9 Replies

Ron_Carovano_75
    Historic F5 Account
    Hi Joe--I've reached out to the developer, Terry Koch, who is a pre-sales consultant from Oracle.

When you have a moment, please shoot me an e-mail with your contact info--I'd like to have a quick call with you, when you have a moment.

Ron

r.carovano@f5.com
  • Thanks Ron. I sent you an email earlier today with my contact information.
    George_Moberly1
    Historic F5 Account
    Hi, I believe I have fixed this problem in a test version of the plugin. I am coordinating the change with the original developer, and will probably be in a position to test and post an updated plugin fairly soon.

George.

• Thanks George (and Ron). I look forward to testing it once it is available.
  • Hi Guys,

Just checking in to see if there are any updates regarding the new plugin.

Thanks,

Joe
    George_Moberly1
    Historic F5 Account
    I have a test version which should be ready within the next week or so. This version will only support Oracle Enterprise Manager v11. Hope that is not an issue for you.

• Hi George,

Just checking in again on the status of this. Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Joe
    Ron_Carovano_75
    Historic F5 Account
    Hi Joe,

FYI, George Moberly has posted an updated plug-in here:

http://devcentral.f5.com/Community/GroupDetails/tabid/1082223/asg/63/Default.aspx

Take a look and let us know what you think.

Ron