Forum Discussion

brad_11440
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 17, 2012

LTM v11.1 Upgrade - Local Traffic Config Gone?

I'm working on upgrading a lab LTM to v11.1 to test configurations prior to upgrading production boxes and am running into an issue. After booting from the 11.1 volume, the local traffic config is gone. Almost everything from the Network and System config is present (except my DNS and NTP settings...) but all my virtual servers and pools don't load. I've looked in /var/log/ltm and there is no glaring error message as to what the problem could be. I boot back into 10.2.2 or 10.2.1 and everything is back as normal.

Originally the local device cert was expired and causing problems with the licenses after booting and I thought that was the problem. I re-generated a self signed cert, have no more license issues after booting but still no local traffic config. We only have LTM module provisioned, so this is not the APM/citrix iRule bug that is documented in a Solution Reference.

Any ideas where I can look to troubleshoot?

17 Replies

• Sorry, I thought you meant reverting to a past version with current configs. Yes, we should definitely aim for upgrades being able to modify the configs to the current syntax. Most of the time that works, but there are some notable exceptions...

Aaron
  • I have almost the same issue. Upgrading an LTM VE lab from 10.2.3 to 11.1

After booting into v11.1 my config doesn´t load.

(I also have to reactivate my license, which works fine).

Running /usr/libexec/bigpipe daol works fine without errors.

But doing a tmsh load sys config gives me these errors:

The provisioning for module (em) is invalid or cannot be used on this platform.

The requested devicegroup (/Common/device_trust_group) was not found.

What is the (em) module ?

Any help appreciated

• But doing a tmsh load sys config gives me these errors:

The provisioning for module (em) is invalid or cannot be used on this platform.

The requested devicegroup (/Common/device_trust_group) was not found.

What is the (em) module ?is there em (enterprise manager) module provisioning in configuration file? if so, can you try to remove it and load configuration again?
  • I am back to 10.2.3 now, and Cannot see it is provisioned there.

[root@pcosllb01t:Active] config less bigip_sys.conf |grep provision

provision apm {}

provision ltm {

provision woml {}

• can you check in v11?

grep -i provision /config/*.conf

grep -i provision /config/bigpipe/*.conf

• Thx, that worked out. Deleted the "provision em" lines from the v11.1 config and reloaded with tsmh load sys config. All my config is now back on v11.1.

Had to roll back though as my ProxyPass iRules no longer work.

Log shows stuff like: Data Group ProxyPass/Common/www.mydomain.com not found

Have done easier upgrades :-)