Forum Discussion

Hiraki_Shimada_
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Aug 19, 2014
Solved

One of the power supply units is not supplying power.

Dear F5 Support

Please let me ask system impact of power supply shortage of BigIP2000 LTM.

[System] Platform: BigIP2000 (C112) Version: 11.4.1 HF4

[Alarm] Title: One of the power supply units is not supplying power. Heuristic: H906297 Solutions: SOL8801, SOL13000

[Question] What is the system impact of this alarm of power shortage?

If there must be any additional information provided, please let me know.

Sincerely, Hiraki Shimada

• The impact of one PSU failing is that you are loosing PSU redundancy, if the other one fails as well the device will go down (assuming that the device have 2 PSUs).

Verify, if it was a momentary issue or if the PSU is still down. If its really down, you may try using a different power source, try reseating the PSU and then call the F5 support.

3 Replies

• you had better open a support case. if it is hardware defective, support team would approve rma for power supply.

• The impact of one PSU failing is that you are loosing PSU redundancy, if the other one fails as well the device will go down (assuming that the device have 2 PSUs).

Verify, if it was a momentary issue or if the PSU is still down. If its really down, you may try using a different power source, try reseating the PSU and then call the F5 support.

• Hi nitass, Sudheer

I asked official F5 support about this case with iHealth diagnostics, and they said I could safely ignore this diagnostics.

Since it is designed to use only one power cable in our case, I wondered the system impact of this alarm.

Thank you for your replies, anyway. I really appreciate it.

Best Regards, Hiraki Shimada