Forum Discussion

Josh_41258
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 23, 2013

OWA 2010: "Options" button does not work.

We are piloting a v11.2.1/Exchange 2010 iApp deployment (we currently run v10.2 in production) and have noticed a problem with OWA 2010. Most of the time, when behind the 11.2.1 load balancers, when a user clicks on the "Options" button in the upper-right hand part of OWA, the link does not work. The browser continues to spin, but the menu never appears.

We have not been able to reproduce this behavior on our 10.2.1. platform.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

17 Replies

• Something odd with the SNAT pools. Currently, I only have the CAS iAPP instance deployed. As soon as I assign the SNAT pool, the HTTP services become unavailable - they aren't being marked down, but clients cannot connect to them. I do see this in /var/log/ltm:

Apr 25 10:18:26 slot1/tmm1 err tmm1[10353]: 01220001:3: TCL error: /Common/FC-EX2010-DC1-CAS.app/FC-EX2010-DC1-CAS_snatpool_irule3 - can't read "static::snat_ips_FC": no such variable while executing "snat $static::snat_ips_FC-EX2010-DC1-CAS([expr {[crc32 [IP::client_addr]] % [array size static::snat_ips_FC-EX2010-DC1-CAS]}])"

Josh

mikeshimkus_111
    Historic F5 Account
    That looks like an error in the SNAT iRule; can you post the FC-EX2010-DC1-CAS_snatpool_irule3 contents here?
  • Sure.

when RULE_INIT {
         Use a local array to configure SNAT addresses.
         These addresses do not need to be defined in a SNAT pool or elsewhere.
        set static::snat_ips_FC-EX2010-DC1-CAS(0) 172.26.92.166
        set static::snat_ips_FC-EX2010-DC1-CAS(1) 172.26.92.167

}
    when CLIENT_ACCEPTED {
         Calculate the crc32 checksum of the client IP
         Use the modulo of the checksum and number of SNAT IPs to pick a SNAT IP
        snat $static::snat_ips_FC-EX2010-DC1-CAS([expr {[crc32 [IP::client_addr]] % [array size static::snat_ips_FC-EX2010-DC1-CAS]}])
    } 

mikeshimkus_111
    Historic F5 Account
    I just tested against my environment and indeed, the rule fails when the iApp name (and consequently, the iRule variable name) has a dash in it. I recommend using underscores in the iApp name: "FC_EX2010_DC1_CAS".

Let me know if that doesn't work for you. I'll file a product bug against this if it's not a known limitation of iRules. If it is, we can work around it in the next release of the template.
  • I'll try this, but I use dashes in iRule names every day with no problem.

Josh
  • The issue is with variable names with hyphens in Tcl. This page does a pretty good job showing it:

http://www2.lib.uchicago.edu/keith/tcl-course/topics/scalars.html

The iApp could escape the hyphens using ${var-name} instead of $var-name. But it's probably easier to just disallow the hyphen in the iApp name or replace them with underscores.

Aaron
  • Mike,

So far, so good. We'll continue to test and I'll post back if we encounter any issues. Thanks for the help!

Josh