Forum Discussion

fergusone_29406
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 20, 2011

Partition refuses to delete!

I have a partition that refuses to delete. It is empty, I have double-triple checked, but when I try and delete it from the GUI or command line I get the following error...

0107082a:3: All objects must be removed from a partition (DEVPART) before the partition may be removed, type ID (2833)

I have also checked the partition in bigip.conf file and I see nothing other than...

shell write partition DEVPART

Can anyone point me int he right direction? What does type ID (2833) mean?

Regards,

Ewan

12 Replies

• There`s a crazy way to do this just from the GUI, and it works:

1. Select the partition to delete, uncheck both the device group and traffic group tabs. Go to the Route-domain for that partition, it has the selection "make this the default route domain for this partition", select the drop down and select any other route domain from it other than the default RD0.

2. Delete the old route-domain that was previously associated with this partition.

3. Select "common" partition from the top, go to users and delete that partition that you always wanted to delete.

4. Can also now delete any traffic-group that you might have created to be used by that route-domain. (Optonal).

TREAT ME IF THIS WORKS .... )
  • For me the error is below: All objects must be removed from a partition (FW_Par) before the partition may be removed, type ID (22121)

• I have choosen RD0 from the current route domain for affected Partition.
    • Deleted the Route domain(No longer necessary for me) -Reboot the box -Syn with the other device -From the current active device and deleted the partition. -BOOM !! it works and deleted and syc the both device.