Forum Discussion

Johana23
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 16, 2023
Solved

Provisioning r2600 equipment

Is it advisable to provision r2600 equipment with LTM, DNS, AWAF + IP intelligence licensing? o for 3 or more provisioned modules, higher equipment such as r4xxx must be used?

• In my lab, if I want to use ALL modules, then I provision 8core+16Gb.  This is a lab with automation, couple dozen apps and minimal client traffic.

The r2600 has 8 cores and 32Gb ram.  So, to answer you question, I don't think you will have any problems running those services on that hardware.  However, I would be very cautious about how much client load you put on the box and particularly how comprehensive the AWAF policies are. 

I suggest reaching out to your account team for a deeper analysis and capacity planning. 

3 Replies

• In my lab, if I want to use ALL modules, then I provision 8core+16Gb.  This is a lab with automation, couple dozen apps and minimal client traffic.

The r2600 has 8 cores and 32Gb ram.  So, to answer you question, I don't think you will have any problems running those services on that hardware.  However, I would be very cautious about how much client load you put on the box and particularly how comprehensive the AWAF policies are. 

I suggest reaching out to your account team for a deeper analysis and capacity planning.