Forum Discussion

Brian_Patton_17
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 05, 2018

ScaleN monitoring with SNMP?

When using ScaleN to have Virtual Servers active across multiple LTM VEs, is there a way to determine which LTM is active/passive for individual traffic-groups via SNMP monitoring?

There does not appear to be MIB libraries in 13.1 that identify this data. Did I miss it?

Thanks,

1 Reply

• Hey Brian

Not sure if you're monitoring tool will be able to sort this out but using the mib: F5-BIGIP-SYSTEM-MIB::sysCmTrafficGroupStatusFailoverStatus, you will be able to see the individual status of each traffic group. In my case I only have the default traffic-group-1 but I can see that it is presently active on bigipcore02. Please see below:

[root@bigipcore01:Standby:Changes Pending] config  snmpwalk -v2c -c public localhost 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.1.14.5.2.1.3
    F5-BIGIP-SYSTEM-MIB::sysCmTrafficGroupStatusFailoverStatus."/Common/traffic-group-1"."/Common/bigipcore01.com" = INTEGER: standby(3)
    F5-BIGIP-SYSTEM-MIB::sysCmTrafficGroupStatusFailoverStatus."/Common/traffic-group-1"."/Common/bigipcore02.com" = INTEGER: active(4)

It uses the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.1.14.5.2.1.3

If you can get your monitoring tool to only display the traffic groups which are "Active" then you will be able to get the data.

I hope this helps 🙂