Forum Discussion

Apr 28, 2017
Solved

Session logs appended to html after logging out.

I configured remote logging to our remote syslog server yesterday, and am having a strange issue occur today that is causing a lot of grief for our users and myself as the company's support person for the F5 SSL VPN. Here's the scenario:

1. User logs into SSL VPN using the Web Client.
  2. After some time they log out of the client by clicking on the logout button on their webtop.
  3. The user then opens a new browser window to log into the VPN again.
  4. After putting in login credentials and clicking login or refreshing the browser they are presented with all of the session logs from their previous session.
  5. After refreshing the browser they are then able to log in normally.

We are on LTM/APM 12.1.2. I turned on event logging through access policy and set it to go through our remote logging publisher, and it appears that this is when it started happening.

We have remote URL monitoring, and everytime this happens to the monitoring service I get a page/email.

Here's what the page looks like before you click the link:

As soon as the link is clicked, you get a page full of this:

These are the same logs I see in our syslog server.

At the bottom of the page I see this text:

HTTP/1.0 302 Found Location: /renderer/apd_inspection_host_enter_page.eui APD_Result: 1,0 APD_AgentName: /Common/client_checks_1_act_hd_software_check_ag APD_SID: f03a4141

Content-Type: text/html Content-Length: 35 /apd_inspection_host_enter_page.eui

I already have a case open with F5 support, but was wondering if anyone here may have experienced this before.

• After working with F5 support it was determined to be an unpublished bug. Engineering hotfix 271 corrected the issue.

5 Replies

• After working with F5 support it was determined to be an unpublished bug. Engineering hotfix 271 corrected the issue.

THi
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

I have seen this intermittenly on 12.1.2 (build 1.0.271) Hotfix HF1, which is the latest on 12.1 branch currently. Is there any bug ID for this yet?

BM0001_301854

Haven't seen a bug ID yet. I engaged F5 support and they released a Engineering hotfix within a few hours of opening the ticket. 12.1.2.1.256.271.

Also, they state that if you have APM logging level set to debugging, which I did at the time the issues were occurring. The debug level is a contributing factor, I changed the logging level back to Notice and no reported issues since. will be applying hotfix this evening.

Support also recommended restarting the apmd as a work around. bigstart restart apmd

Hope this helps.

THi

Yes, the logging level is on debug. Thanks for the advice.