Forum Discussion

Kuldeep22
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Apr 22, 2024

SMTP profile not visible & showing

I have SMTP Virtual server and  selected port 25 but for version 16.1.4 in my BIGIP LTM SMTP profile is  not visible but SMTPS is there, and pool & node are showing up, i think for that reason its not working kindly guide me.

thank you

1 Reply

• Kuldeep22 wrote:

I have SMTP Virtual server and  selected port 25 but for version 16.1.4 in my BIGIP LTM SMTP profile is  not visible but SMTPS is there, and pool & node are showing up, i think for that reason its not working kindly guide me. thank you

Hello,

It seems you’re encountering an issue where the SMTP profile is not visible in your BIG-IP LTM configuration after selecting port 25. This could be due to a variety of reasons, including configuration issues or software bugs.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Check the Configuration: Ensure that the SMTP profile is correctly configured in your BIG-IP LTM. Sometimes profiles may not show up due to misconfigurations.

Software Version: Verify that you are running a supported version of BIG-IP LTM that includes the SMTP profile feature. It’s possible that the SMTP profile might not be available in certain versions.

Known Issues: Look for any known issues in the release notes or support forums for your specific version of BIG-IP LTM. There might be a documented issue with SMTP profiles in version 16.1.4.

Software Bugs: Check for any bugs related to the SMTP profile in the version 16.1.4 release notes or bug tracker. If a bug is present, there might be a workaround or a need to update to a newer version where the bug is fixed.

I hope the information may helps you.