Forum Discussion

AndreMello_3453
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 03, 2018
Solved

SNAT Preserve-Strict not working with two different source addresses

Hi everybody. I have a BIG IP LTM 4000s 12.0 and the following issue.

I have an endpoint (EP) that needs to receive packets from a determined IPv6 address (IPXX) and source port (SrcPortYY), otherwise, it will not respond to it.

I have two servers (A and B) that send packets destined to this endpoint through a BIG IP. I configured a SNAT to translate to IPXX address when it receives either from A or B and also to Preserve-Strict the source port it receives.

When I send packets first from A to EP, the BIG-IP translates the source address correctly to IPXX, keeps the source port SrcPortYY and everything works fine. But when I start to send from B to EP and still sending from A, that translation fails and keep translating only the packets that it first received from A.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Example:

Start sending from A

A:SrcPortYY > EP:DstPort --> Original packet

IPXX:SrcPortYY > EP:DstPort --> Translated packet OK

Start sending from B and still sending from A

B:SrcPortYY > EP:DstPort --> Original packet and no translation

A:SrcPortYY > EP:DstPort --> Original packet IPXX:SrcPortYY > EP:DstPort --> Translated packet OK

B:SrcPortYY > EP:DstPort --> Original packet and no translation

2 Replies

AndreMello_3453
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Thanks, Srini. But I guess that this article is oriented to SNAT behavior regarding Virtual Servers, i.e., ingress connections to the VS. My problem is related to egress connections treated by SNAT in the SNAT List.

Thanks!

AM