Forum Discussion

fubarSUSHI
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Feb 14, 2014

SSL Bridging meaning?

I want to confirm context usage of SSL Bridging. Does it mean:

1. SSL pass-thru

2. SSL terminates on the F-5 and then re-encrypts using serverssl?

Im trying to understand what customers and others refer to when they say that specific comment. I thought bridging was just another way of saying pass-thru...

8 Replies

• Thanks. I also thought the same thing as Cory. I appreciate the link too.

fubarSUSHI
      Im working on the 101/201 series myself and Im trying to push myself to get them done by eom Feb. Not sure if I can pull that feat off with just two weeks. Ive read through the study guides but 201 seems to not be sinking in. Best of luck to you and possibly see you on the east coast some day!
      Christopher_Boo
      Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
      I hear ya. I'm in Florida. I look at job postings in Atlanta and I just think to myself "I really need to move to Atlanta". But then I drive through on a nice, sunny day and traffic is some of the worst I've ever seen. I can't imagine commuting in that mess with snow and ice. Good luck with your certs! There is a great F5 Certification Group on Linkedin. A couple of the study guides posted there have really helped me. I've passed 101 and 201 within the last couple weeks. Now studying for 301a. Hopefully my scores don't get any worse;-D Chris
      fubarSUSHI
      Lol. Im also on the path of certs. NC though... its a tough sale especially with all the snow. lol Im west coast thru-n-thru!
  • I got screened out of a job once because I had never used the term, but it is actually number 2. I was totally familiar with the concept. Just drew a blank when I heard it as we rarely use it. I know what the term means now though ;-D

Chris

SSL Bridging

Cory_50405
      Icon for Noctilucent rankNoctilucent
      You learn something new every day. This runs contrary to what I always thought, just based on the nature of a bridge.
  • Number one is my understanding. SSL bridging would just be passing the session through rather than breaking the SSL.