Forum Discussion

16 Replies

Hamish
    Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

Sounds like you're getting a TCL error... Did you check /var/log/ltm?

H

• so i had this all working and then i had to go to the latest version 1.4.1 HF1 for a seperate case issue. after my logging is no longer working. specifically the logout portion. i get no variable data. to simplify it i only have the following in the irule right now but i only get the message "logged out from"

when ACCESS_SESSION_CLOSED { set userclosed [ACCESS::session data get "session.logon.last.username"] set useripclosed [ACCESS::session data get "session.user.clientip"] log local0. "$userclosed logged out from $useripclosed" }

has something changed where this wont work?

DRP
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Getting below error message when trying to attach iRule to VS. 01070151:3: Rule [/Common/VPN_Login_and_Logout] error: Unable to find pool (hsl-log-01) referenced at line 2: [HSL::open -proto UDP -pool hsl-log-01]

Can Hamish or someone please make comment on this?

Hamish

The iRule uses HSL (High Speed Logging) via a pool called hsl-log-01. To use the iRule you will need a pool of servers for the HSL. Either name it that, or if you ave one already, edit the iRule to refer to your HSL pool.

DRP
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Thank you!

Where should I see log message? I am not able to see it /var/log/ltm and /var/log/apm.

Please advice.

Hamish

You'll see the logs in whichever syslog server you have listed in the HSL pool... HSL sends the logs remotely via the network... You need to have a syslog server configured somewhere that writes the logs to its own disk...

H