Forum Discussion

DeVon_Jarvis
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Feb 04, 2011

tmsh equivalent of 'b shell partition' command?

Playing with tmsh today, and having issues with having the right write partition set. Is there an equivalent in tmsh for the 'b shell partition' command?

DeVon

16 Replies

• Here's another example for v10 and v11. In current versions of both v10 and v11 the partition is inherited so you don't need to fully qualify objects with the partition name.

v10.2.4
     tmsh
     modify / cli admin-partitions update-partition partition2
     modify /ltm pool my_pool_p2 members add { 10.1.0.100:80 }

list /ltm pool my_pool_p2
    ltm pool my_pool_p2 {
        members {
            10.1.0.100:http { }
        }
        partition partition2
    }

And for v11:

cd /partition2
     create /ltm pool my_pool_p2
     list /ltm pool
    ltm pool my_pool_p2 {
        partition partition2
    }

Aaron
  • grrrrrr. and so where does it tell us that the V11.x product CHANGED the way simple TMSH commands worked?

Can't the language be stable?

Then to find out it now seems to be breaking the config into separate files so I don't have a single place to pick up the config any longer. So maybe put everything into "Common" and do away with this parition 'feature'?

Hamish
    Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
    Mm... Yes... And no...

Not to be an apologist... But the config probably had to change away from the single file... Having said that, there's a lot of things I don't like about partitions... And I try to avoid them as much as possible. (They're a necessary evil for some aspects of a couple of configs I have).

Have you tried looking into SCF's to view a config as a single image? e.g.

tmsh save sys config file /some/file/name

H

• I don't have a problem changing away from a single file. Suppose it makes sense. But along with it some clear information should be provided.

And I agree with the partitions. When they came about I decided it was a good idea and 'organized' things into partitions only to continually finding it isn't helpful. I think I will return it all into a single, "Common", partition and that probably will avoid some other problems that are sure to surface.

What bugs me is that it isn't apparent, yet, what the changes were to TMSH. What I did find was the V10 tmsh command:

- - - - - modify cli admin-partitions query-partitions all update-partition prod

is no longer valid, use "- - - - cd /partitionname "... but where that is described is not clear to me.. did some searching of AskF5.

thanks!

• I too have this problem. My code is not working properly now. In the old versions, when i wanted to present all virtual-servers inside a program it was easy without the partitions "feature". Now, the information i'm presenting is not entirely correct because a user can save his virtual-servers config in a different partition other then "Common". Did someone managed to bypass it somehow?

• tmsh::modify cli admin-partitions query-partitions all update-partition part1 tmsh::create net vlan vlan1 tmsh::modify cli admin-partitions query-partitions all update-partition Common