Forum Discussion

Junaid_Subhani_
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 23, 2015
Solved

Unable to connect multiple networks

Hi all,   I downloaded the trial VM for F5 LTM load balancer and ran it in my vCloud environment. eth0 is able to get an IP from the corporate network using DHCP.   The issue is that when I try...
    Jan 23, 2015

eth0 is going to be the management interface, which by default is un-tagged and can use DHCP. eth1 and eth2 are going to be traffic interfaces. To assign a self IP to a traffic interface it needs to be associated with a VLAN either un-tagged or tagged. You can create VLANs, assign interfaces to them, and create self IPs either from tmsh or the GUI. Self IPs are created in VLANs and VLANs are assigned to interfaces. It sounds like in your case you want one selfIP assigned to each interface and each virtual interface is in a different port group in vCloud. In this case, you will create a VLAN named "Internal" and assign eth1 to that VLAN un-tagged. You will then also, create a VLAN named "External" and assign eth2 to that VLAN un-tagged. The you can create you selfIPs for each of the VLANs. All of this should be able to be done in tmsh via "create net ..." https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/14000/900/sol14961.html