Forum Discussion

bac81987_341588
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 23, 2018

Unknown (enabled) Nodes

I am currently making changes on some standby F5s. I applied an ICMP monitor to all of our nodes, but they are stuck on "Unknown (enabled) - node address service checking is enabled, but result is not available yet (date goes here). I find this strange, since if log into the CLI for these F5's, I can ping these nodes/servers just fine. Traceroute is successfully too.

Is there something else I should be looking for?

6 Replies

• After forcing the nodes offline and re-enabling them, they come up as Offline (Enabled)

• Did you check the logs to see the reason for the status ?

• Is there a solution for this problem?

Have the same here with a system in standby and v14.0.0.3

Another feature:

All ephemeral nodes on the standby system are on status "Unknown - Node address does not have service checking enabled", but on the active system they are "Available - Node address is available"

Torti_93733
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

after removing the default monitor and adding it again, every node was available after a while. So it could be a little bug

• Is there a solution for this problem?

Have the same here with a system in standby and v14.0.0.3

Another feature:

All ephemeral nodes on the standby system are on status "Unknown - Node address does not have service checking enabled", but on the active system they are "Available - Node address is available"

Torti
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

after removing the default monitor and adding it again, every node was available after a while. So it could be a little bug