Forum Discussion

Jay_Sawyer_1110
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 24, 2009

virtual command

Hello all,

I've been playing around with the virtual command and testing it with cURL. The test results shows a HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily. Is this correct behavior? Does the virtual command issue a 302? If so, what command can be used to (global or allowed under the HTTP_RESPONSE event) allow a forward to another virtual server without a 302 or choose a different pool?

Thanks,

Jay

3 Replies

• If I am not wrong, virtual command has nothing to do with 302...is that 302 come from your back-end server?

what will you get if you just use simple tool like wget or just access via browser?

can you post your irule and explain your test scenario?
  • Hi Jay,

As natty said, the 302 is coming from the web server. You could confirm this by making the same HTTP request to directly to the pool member instead of the first VIP.

Aaron
  • Thanks for confirming that the virtual command does not do a 302 to accomplish its routing guys. natty, you responded to workday-pmiller RE this topic. The iRule he uses (using the virtual command in the HTTP_RESPONSE) seems to be yielding a 302 moved temp, but I am waiting for workday-pmiller to verify that the 302 is not coming from the target virtual servers the virtual command points to.