Forum Discussion

Caio_178191
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 04, 2015
Solved

VMware interface problem

Hi,

I'm having problem with my network interface.

I'm using VMware Workstation 11.1.

If I try to install any Big IP version, it's just recognize eth0(management interface). All other interfaces are off.

The interfaces was added in VM and are with connected check box marked.

If I type "service network restart", it's try ro recognize network interfaces, but I'm getting the error "Bringing up interface eth1: Device eth1 does not seem to be present, delaying intitialization [FAILED]" and for all the others interfaces, just eth0 recognize with no error.

This problem start to happen suddenly. I have here some Big IPs VE that was installed before this error happen, and it's all working fine with all interfaces I set up.

Anyone see that before?

Thanks.

• The Big-IP management interface uses E1000 drivers, but the rest of the interfaces should use VMXNET3 drivers. Check out the interfaces driver selection for interfaces not initializing. If they are not using VMXNET recreate the interfaces on the VM with the correct drivers and see if they initialize without error (possibly after a reboot).

4 Replies

Greg_Crosby_319
    Historic F5 Account

The Big-IP management interface uses E1000 drivers, but the rest of the interfaces should use VMXNET3 drivers. Check out the interfaces driver selection for interfaces not initializing. If they are not using VMXNET recreate the interfaces on the VM with the correct drivers and see if they initialize without error (possibly after a reboot).

• Hi all,

I type lspci and it's finding the interfaces. The driver I'm seeing here is:

02:07.0 Ethernet controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE] (rev 10)

How can I set VMXNET3 as driver in interfaces?

Thanks.