Forum Discussion

bes_newer_14056
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 14, 2014

Why does the config disappear?

I have create a new F5 pool using IControl API. Why does the pool disappear when I reboot the system? Do I need commit the changes? Which method should I use? The version of the BIG-IP is v10.1.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated~ 

19 Replies

• Hi! I'm fresh out of v10 to try this with, but have you considered adding the path to the config file? If it's a v10 the path would be /config/bigip.conf.

Something like this: port.getSystemConfigSync().save_configuration("/config/partitions/MyPart/bigip.conf", "SAVE_HIGH_LEVEL_CONFIG");

/Patrik

• Yes, I had try port.getSystemConfigSync().save_configuration("/config/bigip.conf", "SAVE_HIGH_LEVEL_CONFIG"); But It does not work. I only have the trial version of BIG-IP. Thank you a lot~

• What error message do you get? Have you considered upgrading to a newer version? 10.1.0 is very very old. :)

/Patrik

• I will write a program which will control the majority of F5's version. The Error Message is "Access Denied: user(ma) does not have access to action (saving configuration)"

• And you were using the Manager role? Have you tried upgrading the rights to Administrator and using the line I mentioned before?

port.getSystemConfigSync().save_configuration("/config/partitions/MyPart/bigip.conf", "SAVE_HIGH_LEVEL_CONFIG");

/Patrik

• It's ok if I use the Administrator or Resource Administrator, but Manager role will be failed. I had try three methods: port.getSystemConfigSync().save_configuration("/config/partitions/MyPart/bigip.conf", "SAVE_HIGH_LEVEL_CONFIG");

port.getSystemConfigSync().save_configuration("/config/bigip.conf", "SAVE_HIGH_LEVEL_CONFIG");

port.getSystemConfigSync().save_configuration("", "SAVE_HIGH_LEVEL_CONFIG");

It seems to be ignore the filename parameter. The Error Message is the same.

• Ok, then it seems like that the manager role is not allowed to save config over iControl. Not sure if there's anything else I can do here. :(

/Patrik