Forum Discussion

Sydneysider_895
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Aug 02, 2011

XForwarder

I have a webpage that needs to be accessed by a certain subnets in the internal network, however when the users access the URL it goes via proxy and i have to permit the proxy on the Datagroup, can some please help with the below irule when HTTP_REQUEST { betlivecms.aspx must only be accessible from internal network if { ([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains "/maintenance/cms.aspx") and not ([matchclass [IP::client_addr] equals $::betlive_allowed_ip])} { log locally and discard log local0. "Source IP is [IP::client_addr] and X-Forward-For is [_HTTP::header "X-Forwarded-For"]" log local0. "Untrusted IP ([IP::client_addr]) attempting to access secure path ([HTTP::uri])" discard NameMatchingService.svc must only be accessible from internal network } elseif {([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains "/maintenancewcf/namematchingservice.svc") and not ([matchclass [IP::client_addr] equals $::betlive_allowed_ip])} { log locally and discard log local0. "Untrusted IP ([IP::client_addr]) attempting to access secure path ([HTTP::uri])" discard } }

2 Replies

• Hi Sydneysider!

I noticed that you are discarding everything?

if { ([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains "/maintenance/cms.aspx") and not ([matchclass [IP::client_addr] equals $::betlive_allowed_ip])} { ====> discard

elseif ([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains "/maintenancewcf/namematchingservice.svc") and not ([matchclass [IP::client_addr] equals $::betlive_allowed_ip])} { ===> discard

So does your logic means ["([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains "/maintenance/cms.aspx") or ([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains "/maintenancewcf/namematchingservice.svc")] and ([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains "/maintenancewcf/namematchingservice.svc") === discard?

Hope to hear from you again.

• Hi Sydneysider!

Can you try nested if as shown from this iRule?

I have't tested it yet though.

when HTTP_REQUEST {

set uri1 /maintenance/cms.aspx

set uri2 /maintenancewcf/namematchingservice.svc

if { not [matchclass [IP::client_addr] equals $::betlive_allowed_ip]} {

if { ([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains $uri1) or ([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains $uri2)} {

log local0. "Connection is from [IP::client_addr] and URI is [HTTP::uri] and X-Forward-For is [HTTP::header X-Forwarded-For] - this will be discarded"

discard

}

} else {

log local0. "Connection has been established from [HTTP::uri] and [IP::client_addr] - accepted"

}

}

Hope that helps!