Forum Discussion

chris100_263517
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 12, 2016
Solved

APM CRLDP

Hello,

I'm configuring APM CRLDP for HTTP CRL retrieval and have a few questions about it. When you select pool or direct the base DN field must be populated. Does this mean that HTTP method is not applicable when you enter a destination IP? i.e. you cannot manually define CRL destinations and must use the ones contained in the client cert. If this is correct how does the APM handle multiple CRL destination URLs in the certs, timeouts and such?

thankyou

• Hello,

When you specify a destination, it's for ldap only. In latest versions you have a third option. When checked APM will look in the crldp field of your certificate

14 Replies

• Hello,

When you specify a destination, it's for ldap only. In latest versions you have a third option. When checked APM will look in the crldp field of your certificate

Yann_Desmarest_
      Icon for Nacreous rankNacreous
      Of course, if the crldp field in your cert is invalid or non existent. You have a problem. To workaround this, you can define a crl in the clientssl profile and update it using cron and tmsh
      chris100_263517
      if I understand - for HTTP CRL you must use cert CRL field when using CRLDP
      Yann_Desmarest_
      Icon for Nacreous rankNacreous
      You should use an CRLDP AAA object and select the option No Server. This way, the bigip APM will use the crldp field in the client certificate. You have to add a CRLDP block in your VPE
  • Hello,

Yann_Desmarest
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      Of course, if the crldp field in your cert is invalid or non existent. You have a problem. To workaround this, you can define a crl in the clientssl profile and update it using cron and tmsh
      chris100_263517
      if I understand - for HTTP CRL you must use cert CRL field when using CRLDP
      Yann_Desmarest
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      You should use an CRLDP AAA object and select the option No Server. This way, the bigip APM will use the crldp field in the client certificate. You have to add a CRLDP block in your VPE