Forum Discussion

cphillips19_137
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 13, 2013

APM New Virtual Server

Hey guys!

Brand new to the F5 world. Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. We have a HA pair that we are only doing APM on at the moment. We have a virtual server that runs our main access profile that that works perfectly. I wanted to add a second virtual server to use specifically for SAML purposes. I configured the Virtual server with an IP which I can ping and can see from our firewall I am accessing... But it returns no response page when I browse to it. It is configured very similar to our main Virtual Server. Is there anything I may be missing when a second VS is created?

Any help would be awesome!

3 Replies

• How do you have the access policy configured on the second VIP? You mentioned SAML, but SAML requires two components: an SP and an IdP (in which your access policy could do either).

• The Access Policy is configured as a logon page > AD Auth > Resource assign. The resource assign references the SAML config (the SAML config is tested working with my other virtual server). But I don't even get a logon page when I browse to the VIP. So the problem seems to be right at the start before any SAML config comes into play.

• This looks like an IdP configuration then. Do you have a SAML resource in the resource assignment agent? What do you see when you hit the VIP? I white page or a standard F5 APM error page? Take a look inside the LTM and APM logs for anything that stands out.