Forum Discussion

angerica
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 06, 2023

COPYING OF OBJECTS AND OTHER CONFIGS FROM BIG-IP 5050 TO WORKING BIG-IP VPR-B2250

Hi Team,

From BIG-IP 5050 TO WORKING (BIG-IP VPR-B2250) to BIG-IP 5050 TO WORKING (BIG-IP VPR-B2250), we intend to copy the objects and other configurations. If someone knows how to do it using script, please let me know. I want to copy the items below.

virtual, nodes, pools, monitor instances

interfaces, nats, self ips,snats,trunks, tunnels, vlans.

Thank you

5 Replies

• Hello,

Since you don't need all config, and just pool and virtual servers and some LTM objects, you can open the bigip.conf file (from the source device that you need to copy config from), and start copying the configuration as text, and then migrate these objects using the below command:

Access new device

#load sys config from-terminal merge verify

and verify for any erros and try to fix them, Then run the same command without verify.

#load sys config from-terminal merge

https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K81271448

Thanks,

Salah

angerica
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hi SIr

Thank you for the kb, i was wondering as there is existing configuration for viprion, if i load the ucs file from boh-ip 5050 to virpiron what willh happen to the existing config of virpion?

whisperer
        Icon for MVP rankMVP

Presume the Viprion has vCMP guests? And you are migrating a config from an older device to a vCMP guest? If so, you can copy over the UCS and load it on the vCMP guest. Please take a look at the following:

https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K14906

The vCMP guest will already be licensed by virtue of the Host/Chassis being licensed. However, you will need to make sure the appropriate modules are licensed. You would then be able to export the UCS from the old unit, and import into the new vCMP guest. Load the UCS with no license and no platform checks. Then remap the VLANs to the appropriate interfaces... which has to be done on the Host! So, make sure on the host you have those VLANs defines with the same name, attach to the vCMP guest, and then you should be good to go.