Forum Discussion

msaad3
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Dec 09, 2023
Solved

Create isolated environment for internal and external networks

Hi,

I have implementation requirement to isolate traffic between internal and external environments, so I should create dedictaed virtual servers for internal access different that external ones and isolate between them while using the same pool members in both situations. My question what is the best approach to achieve that goal ? 

Platform: iSeries

I think I can create two partitions with a route domain for each one. otherwise use something like VCMP. is that right ?

Regrads,

• Hi msaad3 , 

I wouldn't prefer to use the vCMP for this. 

May route domainsis good to leverage using same ip address space between route domains , but Route domains is commonly used to isolate depending on application nature , but it's an option as well. 

I prefer to make ( external & internal ) on the same VS not with 2 different VS: 
    I prefer that to narrow the scope of troubleshooting scope and objects at problems , for me I worked with virtual servers serves both ( External & internal ) it was very easy to handle and troubleshoot. 

I see it's not that complex to rely on Route domains or vCMPs in my opinon. 

1 Reply

• Hi msaad3 , 

I wouldn't prefer to use the vCMP for this. 

May route domainsis good to leverage using same ip address space between route domains , but Route domains is commonly used to isolate depending on application nature , but it's an option as well. 

I prefer to make ( external & internal ) on the same VS not with 2 different VS: 
    I prefer that to narrow the scope of troubleshooting scope and objects at problems , for me I worked with virtual servers serves both ( External & internal ) it was very easy to handle and troubleshoot. 

I see it's not that complex to rely on Route domains or vCMPs in my opinon.