Forum Discussion

apatel16_360867
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 13, 2018

Device Config Issues after Upgrade

Upgraded from v 11.5.3 to v 12.1.3.5 and after the upgrade, the device is back up and seems to have partial configuration such as device name, ip address, login credentails, but all the LTM and APM configs are wiped clean. I get the message " The configuration has not yet loaded. If this message persists, it may indicate a configuration problem." when loading the config utility page.

Any suggestions on why I have this error and how i can get all my configs back ?

5 Replies

Surgeon
    Ret. Employee

The main issue of failed load config as mentioned by Boneyard is

01071772:3: Self device (/Common/) specified floating config sync IP (10.255.255.1), which is not associated with non-floating traffic group (/Common/traffic-group-local-only).

It means that IP address 10.255.255.1 is a floating IP but it has not related non-floating.

You can not create floating IP until you create non-floating. You need to analyse bigip_base.conf file and see if 10.255.255.1 has related non-floating IP. If not, then the file need to be manually updated.

JG
    Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus

I'd revert to the previous boot volume, which you might have already done, and start over, re-activating the licences beforehand. Also you might want to run your config through iHealth to see if it picks up any anomalies in your current configurations.

• 01071772:3: Self device (/Common/f5.test.com) specified floating config sync IP (10.255.255.1), which is not associated with non-floating traffic group (/Common/traffic-group-local-only).
    Unexpected Error: Validating configuration process failed.

does that make sense to you? are you loading a config from a unit form a Device Service Cluster to a stand alone one?

• Took a backup, uploaded 12.1.3.5 iso to the device, installed on a separate partition, once installed booted from that partition. System booted and license had to be reactivated as I did not check the Service Check Date before hand. Reactivated and service check date is updated, but I get config errors as below.

Last login: Thu Jul 12 22:16:35 2018 from 10.8.106.244

[admin@localhost:INOPERATIVE:Standalone] ~ tmsh load sys config verify

Validating system configuration...

/defaults/asm_base.conf

/defaults/config_base.conf

/defaults/ipfix_ie_base.conf

/defaults/ipfix_ie_f5base.conf

/defaults/low_profile_base.conf

/defaults/low_security_base.conf

/defaults/policy_base.conf

/defaults/wam_base.conf

/defaults/analytics_base.conf

/defaults/apm_base.conf

/defaults/apm_saml_base.conf

/defaults/app_template_base.conf

/defaults/classification_base.conf

/var/libdata/dpi/conf/classification_update.conf

/defaults/urlcat_base.conf

/defaults/daemon.conf

/defaults/pem_base.conf

/defaults/profile_base.conf

/defaults/sandbox_base.conf

/defaults/security_base.conf

/defaults/urldb_base.conf

/usr/share/monitors/base_monitors.conf

Validating configuration...

Loading schema version: 11.5.3

/config/bigip_base.conf

/config/bigip_user.conf

/config/bigip.conf

/config/bigip_script.conf

Loading schema version: 12.1.3.5

There were warnings:

AdminIp fixed up with dhcp_enabled = falseapm sso saml-sp-connector /Common/saml_office365 : A new setting sp-encryption-certificate set to has been added to the system.

Profile /Common/vdi has been added to virtual server /Common/VPN1-mobility-policy_vs because profile /Common/remotedesktop was found in the virtual serverProfile /Common/vdi has been added to virtual server /Common/VPN1-policy_vs because profile /Common/remotedesktop was found in the virtual serverProfile /Common/vdi has been added to virtual server /Common/citrix-xenapp3.app/citrix-xenapp3_webui_https because profile /Common/remotedesktop was found in the virtual serverProfile /Common/vdi has been added to virtual server /Common/citrix-xenapp4.app/citrix-xenapp4_webui_https because profile /Common/remotedesktop was found in the virtual serverProfile /Common/vdi has been added to virtual server /Common/citrix-xenapp.app/citrix-xenapp_webui_https because profile /Common/remotedesktop was found in the virtual server

01071772:3: Self device (/Common/) specified floating config sync IP (10.255.255.1), which is not associated with non-floating traffic group (/Common/traffic-group-local-only).

Unexpected Error: Validating configuration process failed.

[admin@localhost:INOPERATIVE:Standalone] ~