Forum Discussion

LucidCobia
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Aug 01, 2023
Solved

F5 APM VPN Choking Internet Bandwidth

Hello Guys,

I'm facing a strange issue here and I don't know where to start digging, the internet speed is chocked and is very slow once we are connected to APM (hardware appliance).

Tried different ISPs same issue.

Another APM (virtual) or a Zscaler works fine and speed is full.

What might be the issue or where to start looking?

Thanks in advance,

• Hi,

I would recommend raising a case with support to assist you checking the health of the hardware appliance, that being said some options we can check,

- Are the links (Network path) to the APM hardware and APM virtual the same ?
    - What are the number of cores of both APMs? and what's the model of the Hardware APM ?
    - May I expect you replicated the same configurations on APM hardware and virtual for both APM settings and virtual settings (TCP , HTTP ) profiles settings.

hope those are good starting points to look into this behavior

3 Replies

• Hi,

I would recommend raising a case with support to assist you checking the health of the hardware appliance, that being said some options we can check,

- Are the links (Network path) to the APM hardware and APM virtual the same ?
    - What are the number of cores of both APMs? and what's the model of the Hardware APM ?
    - May I expect you replicated the same configurations on APM hardware and virtual for both APM settings and virtual settings (TCP , HTTP ) profiles settings.

hope those are good starting points to look into this behavior

Leslie_Hubertus
      Ret. Employee

I've marked this as an Accepted Solution to make it easier for future users to find the help they need. 🙂