Forum Discussion

Raghubansh_3600
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 05, 2018

How to get VIP server for F5 LTM test environment

Hi All,

I want to know how to add the VIP in Vmware for LTM Test Environment. I have downloaded the F5 trial version. but not able to add VIP. I have downloaded XP image file but that is not being supported.

3 Replies

• When you say "add the VIP" do you mean that you've deployed the BIG-IP virtual machine in VMware? If so, have you configured Self IPs and tested connectivity? If so, do you have a specific question about adding a Virtual Server (often referred to as a "vip")? Or am I missing your question completely?

• Hi,

When you say "add the VIP" do you mean that you've deployed the BIG-IP virtual machine in VMware?- Yes true!

If so, have you configured Self IPs and tested connectivity?- Yes, I have checked, that is working.

Actually, I have added pool members but without virtual server how it will come up. I have set up a test environment in VMware and installed F5 LTM virtual addition lack of virtual server I am not able to do any VIP or pool/node testing that is in an unknown state. Even I have downloaded the xp ios to work as the virtual server but that is not supporting.

If so, do you have a specific question about adding a Virtual Server (often referred to as a "vip")? - Yes, you are on the right page.

• One more clarification: When you say "Virtual Server" (or "vip") are you talking about the object on the BIG-IP (GUI > Local Traffic > Virtual Servers) or are you talking about virtual machines (e.g. Windows or Linux web server) in your VMware environment to use as pool members?