Forum Discussion

Pete_L_112517
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 31, 2014

HTML5 Remote Desktop client for APM Webtop?

We're currently running BIG-IP 11.4 Hotfix 3.

I'm trying to publish a Remote Desktop via a Webtop (RDP) and it either needs a browser plugin (no good for Internet Explorer 10+) or when I turn on Java it is very fussy with the versions.

Has the later versions of BIG-IP included a HTML5 viewer?

Updating the F5 environment here is not an easy task so I can't update to find out.

3 Replies

• The HTML5 client in View is coming directly from View, not the F5. The iApp is simply enabling that communication. There is no HTML5 client for RDP. That said, if the server supported HTML5 access to RDS sessions, then the F5 would also facilitate that.

Dan_73594
    Historic F5 Account

If you are referring to VMWare View or Horizon View, the latest deployment guide and iApp template may be helpful:

http://www.f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/vmware-view5-iapp-dg.pdf

HTH,

Dan

Pete_L_112517
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
      Sorry, not really. We have a server which an External Contractor needs to connect to that sits inside the internal network. We have a firewall rule that allows port 3389 from the Virtual Server IP to that server. So in Access Policy, Remote Desktops, we specify a Single Server IP address for a Remote Desktop (RDP Type). The option by default is an F5 plugin that is required to be installed on some browsers, otherwise you can turn on a Java client. I've seen in the deployment guide for VMWare View theres a HTML5 client...