Forum Discussion

mahmoudabdelhay
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 12, 2023

SSL TLS offloading HW capacity

hello Dears , 

we are going to do tech efresh and replace our BIG IP with new model R4600 series ,we need to confirm our understanding on SSL TLS offloading HW capacity as mentioned below , also incase there is any performance report on testing r4600 please share it's link .

30K TPS (2K SSL TPS)  this mean Peak TPS while using RSA cryptography and Key size is 2048
14K TPS (ECDHE-ECDSA P-256 TPS) Peak TPS using ECC cryptography and using mentioned encryption algorithm
14K TPS (ECDHE P-256-RSA 2k TPS) Peak TPS using ECC cryptography and using mentioned encryption algorithm
20 Gbps bulk encryption   total data being encrypted

4 Replies

• mahmoudabdelhay I'm unsure of the question here because it looks like you pulled this information directly from the datasheet without a description on what you believe it means.

Paulius
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

mahmoudabdelhay From my understanding all specs regarding SSL are done with 2k keys and not 4k. If memory serves me right the 4k keys drops SSL by about 50% or more.

mahmoudabdelhay
        Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

many thanks dear for your reply , yes that is correct 4k key decrease TPS with around 20% from Peak , could you check and confirm that 30K TPS is while using RSA